#1: How to Make Your Ex Want You Back
Could you ever imagine Taylor Swift or Beyoncé bowing down to someone else? For that matter, could ever imagine either Queen Elizabeth—the Virgin Queen or newly-minted Longest Reigning Queen in World History—casting aside that ‘seat of Mars’ to grovel desperately after some guy? Again, Swift’s song is ‘We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together,’ NOT ‘Oh God Take Me Back Please Please Please!’
The fact of the matter is that when it comes to figuring out how to win him back, you cannot and should not be desperate. This is true for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is that aforementioned unfortunate ‘crazy ex’ label.
Granted, as stated, there’s something of a double standard insofar as that term is gendered and applied differently to women than with men, but nevertheless, excessive clinginess or desperation can be legitimately off-putting or even terrifying for an ex of either sex.
A quick list of what not do while contemplating how to get back with your ex:
- Pester him on Facebook (risks coming across as harassment)
- Facebook-stalk him (is even MORE an example of harassment)
- Get mutual friends involved (unless you want to lose those friends)
- Text, message, or call after drinking (do you really think this will end well?)
- Post vague, veiled or passive-aggressive statuses about your breakup (again, that just puts him on the spot and will likely put off your own friends)
- Acting impatiently or impulsively (it’s understandable to have those feelings, but acting on them will only hurt emotionally and runs contrary to our tips on how to get a guy back)